Personal blog. Asian-American who moved to Switzerland in 2019 without a long-term plan. I write about train travel, solo travel, expat life in Switzerland, and working in international development and nonprofits. Learning how to be a more environmentally responsible traveller and person in general.
Where I’m from: Washington, DC, USA
My current base: Geneva, Switzerland
5 fun facts about me:
- I’m one of those people who text back quickly.
- I was once invited to speak at the White House (in May 2016), but missed the opportunity because I was traveling in Japan. I ended up spraining my ankle on that trip and have regretted my choices ever since.
- Outside of my job in the environment sector, I am very passionate about labor issues. I think there is almost nothing more problematic than exploiting young workers by keeping them in low-paid, short-term contract jobs without health benefits or security.
- I had a nervous breakdown in early 2019 and applied for a working holiday visa in New Zealand, thinking that I would just learn to shear sheep or something. The visa was approved and I almost went but then the ‘logical’ side of my brain took over, and I chickened out.
- My absolute favorite thing in the world is the shiba inu.
I’m also on Instagram: @traintotbd.