Personal blog. Asian American who moved to Switzerland in 2019 without a long-term plan. I write about train travel, solo travel, expat life in Switzerland, and working in international development and nonprofits. Learning how to be a more environmentally responsible traveller and person in general.
Where I’m from: Washington, DC, USA
My current base: Geneva, Switzerland
5 fun facts about me:
- I’m one of those people who text back quickly.
- I was once invited to speak at the White House (in May 2016), but missed the opportunity because I was traveling in Japan. I ended up spraining my ankle on that trip and have regretted my choices ever since.
- Outside of my job in the environment sector, I am very passionate about labor issues. I think there is almost nothing more problematic than exploiting workers by keeping them in low-paid, short-term contract jobs without health benefits or security.
- I love standup comedy and absurdist humor. My favorite comedian of all time is Conan O’Brien. I’ve seen the following people perform live: Conan, Jon Stewart, John Oliver, John Mulaney, Nicole Byer, Aziz Ansari, and Hari Kondabolu. My dream is to attend a live taping of SNL.
- My absolute favorite thing in the world is the shiba inu.
I’m also on Instagram: @traintotbd.